Monday, April 16, 2007

True Contentment

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. (Philippians 4:12)

In my ministry, I have come to know many people who lived through the Great Depression. Some who lived with very little now cling to their possessions, afraid to wind up where they were before. Many others, however, have learned the lesson of “contentment”, trusting that God provides even in hard times – not just with daily bread, but with the bread of heaven – Jesus Christ.

Someone once said –

“Nothing will content him who is not content with a little.”

Contentment is a fruit of faith in Christ. When we know the Lord, we can be satisfied with what we have (or don’t have) in this world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good reminders!